We have set up an agro-industrial platform based on a collaborative production model with small farmers by controlling the entire value chain of the different agricultural sectors.
Production and purchase of raw materials
We sow, grow and buy our raw material according to our model of collaboration with small farmers
We have industrial processing units for maize, rice and cassava.
We sell our raw material in grains and finished products.
Strategos Plantations Company (SPC) vision is to develop large scale farms with centralized procurement processing, storage, training and research centers grouped in “Agropolis” surrounded by rich farm land made available to local farming communities.
• Access to 2 rivers: KWILU and KWENGE
• 40 km from KIKWIT
• Corn mill (4000 tons / year)
• 10.000 M2 built (housing, office, shed, workshop, ...)
• Rice and cassava mill
All our agropolis and farms are located...
All our agropolis and farms are located...
OUR COLLABORATIVE MODEL
We are improving the quality of life of the Congolese by offering innovative and lasting solutions with the support of small farmers
The STRATEGOS GROUP is a privately held group founded in 2005 by Congolese entrepreneur Luc Gerard Nyafé as an asset management company focused on Frontier Market.
Through his two main investment vehicules, Tribeca Asset Management (a private equity fund) and Strategos Asset Management (a Venture Capital firm), we have deployed over USD 500mio of Capital.
Today Strategos holds strong market positions in Healthcare and AgroIndustries.
In 2015, we entered Africa with a presence in DRC where we have started to replicate our successful business models in Heathcare and AgroIndustry, and we are in the process of entering Education and Infrastructure.
Strategos has designed a Sustainability Policy to create a sustainable and profitable business model that contributes to the improvement of the quality of life of our customers, collaborators and interest groups in general. Our policy is aligned with international sustainability trends such as the provisions of the GRI Standard, the B Companies, the Global Compact and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). We want to propose new ways of investing, transforming the struggle for the eradication of poverty and inequality, into business opportunities.
1. Land Farm
– Access to land and land rights are often a major obstacle to durable and scalable agricultural projects in the drc.
– We need to secure long term secure land rights to support a sustainable agricultural project.
– Support small farmers through access to finance, supply of equipments, training and best practice sharing, healthcare protection and by securing product off-take.
2. Supply chain
– Improve agricultural supply chain by developing logistical capabilities for product evacuation and supply of fertilizers, access to high quality seeds, herbicides etc.
3. Food Processing capability and sale
– Build processing capacity for key staple crops in agriculturally rich regions with deeply rooted farming traditions.
– Wide range of finished products ready to consume.
4. Colaborative model
– A fully functional collaborative platform with small farmers and PME to improve their agricultural production and yield per Hectare.
– Creation of agricultural villages where the different actors of the entire value chain for agricultural production converge.
STRATEGOS FOUNDER AND CEO
Mr. Gerard has a Commercial Engineer undergraduate title from the Institut Catholique des Hautes Etudes Commerciales - ICHEC Brussels Management School.
He obtained his MBA at IMD – International Institute for Management Development – in Switzerland.
A Master degree in Security and Defense from the Colombian War School in Colombia.
Over his 20 year career he was personally involved in and led transactions for more than USD 2.0 billion. A Congolese National and a true citizen of the World he has lived and worked in 11 countries.
Luc is recognized by his strategic vision and his leadership as well as for his engagement with communities. Luc has taken part of multiple education and non-for-profit organizations such as ADIVOCA (affiliate of USAID), the Business faculty of the Universidad de Los Andes and he is also a regular speaker in multiple universities and business schools throughout the world.
He created the FLY (Foundation Luc Gerard Yaliki), to foster healthcare and education in the DRC provinces and the Tribeca Institute, a Think-Tank to promote better governance and leadership.
OUR FOUNDATION: YALIKI
Looking for long term sustainable growth and progress for the areas
where the Company works. Strategos main shareholders have created FONDATION LUC GERARD YALIKI – “FLY” for children and youths development.
FLY establishes extracurricular programs and targets children and teenagers at a vulnerable age helping them get a sense of purpose and community.
We believe that to achieve our goal we need to build strong partnership and alliances with like minded parties who work with the same objective of achieving sustainable development through intelligent agriculture. In that sense we have entered or are in the process of entering agreements with some of the most active organization in DRC in the agricultural space.